The more interconnected the digital world is, the more relevant security becomes. The main concept of IT consulting toronto in this context is cyber security because, on the Internet, both companies and individuals are exposed to a large number of dangers that can cause considerable damage. Therefore, the issue of cyber security, also known as digital security, is now more current than ever and not only refers to Internet security, but also other aspects and sectors of information and communication technologies.
To guarantee the computer security of users, numerous means can be used. These range from the explanation of the dangers in the network to the application of tools and programs with which the user can protect them from attacks on the Internet, as well as online security training courses. Taking into account that cyber attacks do not always take place on the Internet, cyber security encompasses yet another aspect, that is, the mitigation of the risks of modern telecommunication and information technology possibilities.
How can IT support work?
The breadth of the topic and the dangers that it entails, especially due to the daily increase in digital opportunities, highlight the importance of computer security today. For this, IT consulting toronto say’s it’s only necessary to visualize how much data is processed daily on the computer, on the tablet or the smartphone, how many accounts are used in the different applications of the various Internet platforms and how much bank and credit data Sensitive information is consulted. All these data are susceptible to attacks and without protection is exposed to the actions of cybercriminals, who use them for their own needs. Thus, it is likely that most consumers are victims at least once in their life of the misuse of their credit card, so that without the necessary measures.
These are the Basic measures to ensure IT support
- Be careful what you post about other people and yourself
- Determine what data your company collects and make sure it protects them
- Use multiple authentication methods
- Enable the HTTP protocol on your website
- Use strong passwords and do not reuse them.
- Keep all your software updated
- Back up all your data
- Enable a firewall to protect your Internet connection
- Train your employees in password matters
- Ensure that employees look for the S of the HTTP protocol when surfing the Internet
- Enable secure communications via email and offer training to mitigate the risks of phishing attacks
- Encourage your company’s managers to lead a cybersecurity culture
- Set up phishing attack simulation tests to keep your staff alert
- Perform an internal threat analysis
- Create quick response guidelines
- Write an external communication plan
- Assume at all times that vulnerability exists – You are never fully protected
- Ensure that your computer infrastructure is covered against cyber attacks
- Give each “thing” (devices, sensors, systems, etc.) an identity
- Ensure that systems are only accessible after a secure authentication process